What is KEAM?
KEAM stands for Kerala Engineering, Architecture, Medical. It is an entrance exam for enrolling into professional degree courses. KEAM is conducted by CEE (Comissioner of Entrance Exams) which is run by the Government of Kerala.
Courses Offered by KEAM:-
Students need to prepare on science oriented topics more precisely Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Basically this questions will be based on topics which had been taught in intermediate i.e., 11th and 12th grade KSEBHSC (Kerala State Education Board Higher Secondary Examinations) and other boards like CBSE ( Central Board of Secondary Education).
This is similar to the Medical Entrance Tests conducted by AIIMS (All India Institute Of Medical Sciences).
According to the CEE Kerala, Architectural courses is ranked based on the NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA) as per directives of the Council of Architecture, India.
So to get a professional degree in Engineering or Medical or Architectural in Kerala, you need to take the KEAM entrance test and you will be ranked based upon your 10+12 grades and Common Entrance Test marks. The candidate must have passed in 10+12 boards with atleast 50% of marks. Kerala State Government has the full control over KEAM.
Question paper pattern for KEAM (Paper 1&2):
Paper 1 Pattern:
- KEAM paper 1 consists of three major parts: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Each subject carries the weightage of 40 Questions
- A correct answer fetches four marks (+4M), while the wrong answer drops a mark. (-1M)
- So the total weightage of each subject is 120 Marks resulting in the total of 480 Marks
Paper 2 Pattern:
- Similar to the paper 1, paper 2 consists of three major parts, too: Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing Test.
- Mathematics consists of 50 Questions, each carrying a similar weightage of (+4M) and (-1M), so the complete Mathematics weighs 200 Marks.
This year KEAM is going to take place on April 24, 2017(Paper 1 of Chemistry & Physics) and on April 25, 2017(Paper-2 of Mathematics). Candidates can apply online in CEE kerala website from 1st February 2017 to 27th February 2017.